Research program focused on nematode biology and management
- Statewide program with Farm Advisors on multiple crops.
- Long term/high risk research in nematode biology on annuals, perennials and ornamentals.
- Facilitating the use of cultural approaches for annual and perennial crops
- Reducing fumigant use through prolonging the life of existing orchards.
- Progress towards a nematode resistant transgenic Easter lily.
- Multidisciplinary approach to fumigation research.
- Managing nematodes with currently registered insecticides and fungicides.
- Use of seed treatments to reduce the pesticide load in the environment.
- EPA registration of new biological nematicides.